The Academy was established by The Begum Aisha Bawany Wakf, founded in memory of the late Begum Aisha Bawany by her heirs. The foundation stone of the Aisha Bawany Academy was laid on October 29, 1957 and the School became operational in July 1961. Mr. Ebrahim Ahmed Bawany (Late) founder & lifetime Chairman of the Academy was a visionary. He anticipated the future needs of the ever growing metropolis city & built the most aesthetically appealing school buildings for boys & girls separately in the heart of Karachi. With the passage of time, The Academy acquired a reputation of excellence in the field of primary, secondary and college education.
The Academy was nationalized in 1972. After thirteen years under state control, the academy was handed back to the original sponsors but in a deplorable and pathetic state. It has since taken the tireless and dedicated efforts of many individuals to revitalize the Academy. The academy has the following section.
Junior Section "O" Level
Senior Section "O" Level
Facilities at School:
The Academy has arranged transport for the students through private carriers who are in touch with the administration. Students/parents are properly guided and introduced to the van drivers who take proper care at reasonable charges.
The Academy also provides the facility of bookshop which supply/supplies the course books, copies, bags and other stationery items at reasonable rates.
The School has its own facility of standby generators. Due to the frequent power failures which has become a regular phenomenon these days does not hamper the academic activities at school.
The Academy has excellent first aid facilities and the doctor is available during the school hours. Physical checkup is carried out when needed and health record is also maintained.
The Academy has two separate canteens for girls and boys in which light refreshment is served the supply is monitor by the administration of the academy and the food standards is closely supervised to ensure hygienically prepared quality edibles.